Curriculum, Individual Programs, Evaluation and Assessment
The general curriculum at Biala Special School offers a range of programs relevant to the specific needs of the individual student. All key learning areas are included in the school program. These needs include the following priorities:
- Academic ability and need.
- Mastery of relevant social skills.
- A wide range of community based experience.
- Developing Educational techniques suited to the needs of the students.
- Programs are implemented by a variety of personnel
The use of Individual Education Programs is considered imperative to the ongoing development of all students. Parents and all relevant staff meet to discuss priorities, implementation techniques and ongoing assessment.