All Enquiries Welcome:
78 Fox Street, Ballina NSW 2478
PO Box 1279, Ballina NSW 2478
Ph: (02) 6686 4763
Fax: (02) 6681 4785
- Priority is given to families and organisations in the Ballina/Byron Shires who have a member with an intellectual/physical disability.
- Melaleuca House is for short term respite ONLY.
- There is no funding attached to Melaleuca House and a small fee is required to assist with the upkeep of the house.
- Consumers wanting respite must use carers from an authorised service provider while at Melaleuca House.
With its open plan living rooms, fully furnished and tasteful bedrooms and a relaxing outdoor entertainment area, Melaleuca House Respite Facility offers a sunny, cheerful environment for its guests.
Melaleuca House features a large and spacious dining room. Easy access to kitchen facilities from the dining area allows for meal preparation and serving with minimum supervision.
Two living areas are available for quiet, relaxing moments or interactive discussion.
These are fully furnished and feature:
- 2 televisions,
- 2 videos players and
- 2 DVD players.
The house has three bedrooms with 4 single beds plus 1 hospital bed. Two sofa beds are also available as required.
- All linen is supplied.
- Ensuite fully modified for wheelchair access.
- Portable hoist, shower chair & commode shower chair.
- There is toy cupboard for the younger children.
- A large covered barbecue area with tables and chairs is ideal for outdoor dining.
- We are close to shops and beaches
For your convenience we supply:
- all kitchen and dining supplies
- all laundry equipment
- Situated in a quiet Cul-de-sac.
- The yard is fully fenced with child locks on gate.
- Security doors and all windows have security screens fitted.
Places of Interest in and Around Ballina
- The Macadamia Castle – feed the animals, play mini golf, BBQ facilities
- Thursday Plantation – rainforest walks, discover the medical secrets of Tea Tree Oil & lots more
- Scenic walkways along the Richmond River and beachfronts – suitable for wheelchairs
- Ballina Naval & Maritime Museum, see the “La Balsa” raft
- Scenic trip along the Richmond River on the Richmond Princess. Enjoy morning Tea while you relax
- Ballina cinema
- Ballina Ten Pin Bowling
- Ballina Fair Shopping Centre
- Ballina Central Shopping Centre
- House with No Steps at Alstonville
- Plus lots more
Photos of Melaleuca House can be viewed here